“The happiest people do not have the best of everything, they simply make the most of everything.”
We are born. We will die. What is in between is ours to fill with whatever we choose.
When I left my corporate marketing career after nearly 20 years, I trained as a birth doula and yoga teacher. I then used those skills to care for my dying parents, getting firsthand experience as a death doula. My parents died 8 months apart, both from cancer. And their deaths were as different as how they lived their lives.
A doula (Greek for a woman who serves) provides support, care and nurturing to those in transition (birth and death and rebirthing into a new part of their journey). As I watched both life and death, it was the in between that became more and more fascinating. And so, I dance in the in-betweens and here I find the wisdom of the ages and connect more deeply to my own purpose and help others connect to theirs.
It isn’t so much how we take our last breath, but how we live our lives all the way up to that breath. We are all given a life to live, yet so few of us live it fully, with courage, confidence, and compassion. And this is my goal: to work with clients to live a more purpose-driven life. And for that to happen one must connect to our own heart’s wisdom. #ConnectToTheHeart
Each of us has an inner dream that we can unfold if we will just have the courage to admit what it is. And the faith to trust our own admission. The admitting is often very difficult. What we really want to do is what we are really meant to do. When we do what we are meant to do, money comes to us, doors open for us, we feel useful, and the work we do feels like play to us.
~ Julia Cameron
I am committed to supporting people on their journey, to helping people listen to the wisdom of their own heart, and to providing a safe container to explore what that looks like for them, regardless of how many days they may have left. As a therapist, it is about creating a space for clients to be safe, to be held in compassion, and witnessed. And in doing so, they are able to do their Work.
I have completed my training and clinical hours in psychotherapy. I am currently applying for registration with CRPO. As a result, I am still a Therapist-In-Training until such time as I receive my registration. I have additional training in counselling, coaching, and facilitation. As well as an end of life care practitioner, post-partum and fertility doula, and in several styles of yoga. I am a Reiki Master, have completed training in craniosacral therapy, and study/practice/teach mindfulness and meditation. See below for more details.
I approach my practice as I approach my life with an open heart, a sense of curiousity, and a ton of compassion. Armed with my training and a willingness to hold space for my clients, we are able to dive deep into the waters, to explore and to heal.
The Practical Stuff
- 20 years working and supporting women’s rights especially related to domestic violence and health issues.
- 20 years of business and strategic marketing experience.
- Master of Science in Management (Thesis: Relationship Management in Group Collaboration)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (International Business and Marketing)
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Science
- Psychotherapy (application to CRPO in progress)
- Somatic Inquiry Psychotherapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Attachment Disorders (further training in progress)
- Contemplative End of Life Care certificate
- Bereavement Education
- Grief and Trauma Counselling
- Certified Holistic Life Coach
- Certified Kundalini Yoga and Meditation teacher
- Certified Hatha Yoga teacher
- Certified Restorative Yoga teacher
- Trained and experienced group facilitator
- Reiki Master
- CranioSacral Therapy – Intermediate level training
- Palliative massage
- Prenatal and Baby massage
- Sacred Fertility Doula
- Birth Doula (I no longer support labour and delivery but happy to provide recommendations)
- Post-Partum Doula
- Perinatal Bereavement Doula
My Other Businesses
- Dying Well Collective – end of life care practitioners
- Her Wild Ways – integrating the Sacred Feminine
*Kink Aware Professional